Exercise is important in everyone’s lives and can be very beneficial if done regularly. Exercise can be one step to a better, longer life! Physical activity helps you live longer and prevent many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal blood lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) profile, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and colon and breast cancers.
- Physical activity improves cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness.
- Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily (or eat more without gaining weight).
- Physical activity helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and improve your mood. .
- Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Physical activity helps with digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Physical activity increases bone density.
- Physical activity helps you age more gracefully by maintaining your looks and your agility.
- Physical activity improves sleep quality.
- Physical activity improves your overall quality of life.
What other “prescription” costs so little, yet has the potential to help you become more confident, well-rested, independent, graceful, regular, mentally stable, happier, leaner, healthier, and fit?